Re: menu not build on hppa

On Thu, Sep 19, 2002 at 04:16:32PM +0300, Martin-Éric Racine wrote:
> On Thu, 19 Sep 2002, Martin-Éric Racine wrote:
>
> > On Thu, 19 Sep 2002, Bill Allombert wrote:
> >
> > > I have uploaded menu 2.1.5-13 which have a patch for building on hppa, but
> > > is not considered by the autobuilders, probably because previous versions
> > > were not building. Could you give it a little push ?
> >
> > I tried building it on my 712/60 (apt-get --compile -t unstable source menu). By
> > golly, it successfully built! :) Time will tell if this build is reliable...
>
> OK, installation of the package nonetheless failed at menu.postinst: line 12.

It was building fine on paer before I uploaded it.
postinst read
10 kill -KILL `pidof update-menus` 2> /dev/null || true
11 chmod a+x /usr/bin/update-menus
12 update-menus

So maybe update-menus compile but does not run correctly.

Could you try to run update-menus manually to see what happen ?

Thanks a lot for your check,

Cheers,

--
Bill. <ballombe@debian.org>

  FHS 5.3: As of the date of this release of the standard, system crash were
  not supported under Linux.