Sent: Thursday, August 08, 2002 10:21 PM
Subject: HP 715/80 and SCSI Hard Drives

Hi,

I'm a brand new user of PA-RISC computers. I've just get a couple of
715/80 and pieces that comes with.

Problem :
=======

I've installed a Debian 3.0 r0 and it works fine.

The problem is : I tried to use a 2 GB Hard drive that was used in
these computers, nut at the boot time it tries to start and the stop
spinning, start again and so on. after few unsuccessfull tries it finally
stop the boot sequence. I have two or three disks of the same
manufacturer and the same ref (Seagate ST52160N), but it's the same thing.
I don't think they are all weakening.

Finally I've installed the system on two 510 MB hard drive and it works fine.

Question :
========

Do these drives are uncompatible with the system ?

Is it possible to use hard drive with capacity grater than 2 GB ?
(For example 4 or 9 GB drives).

Thanks a lot for your answers.

Jean-Roch.