Re: Apache can't find libdb.so.2

Hi.

First: I am quite new to Debian (coming from i386 SuSE). I am not so familiar
with Debian package management yet.

When I see an error message such as libxxx not found, I do something like

ldd `which apache`

You will get a list of shared libs needed by apache. And you will see if the
lib is present or missing.

I tried on my PA-RISC, my apache needs libdb.so.2, too. Doing an

auto-apt search libdb.so.2

tells me that this lib is in the libc6 package. Did you install this package?

Regards,

   Hartwig