Re: Apache can't find libdb.so.2

* Hartwig Atrops (Hartwig.Atrops@t-online.de) wrote:

> Hi.
>
> First: I am quite new to Debian (coming from i386 SuSE). I am not so familiar
> with Debian package management yet.

I am too, even if I have had the hp box running it for some time now.
Basically I don't have that much time free on my hands, so when
everything runs, it's just left alone, it's only on the rare occasions
that something like this pops up that I have no idea what to do next.

> When I see an error message such as libxxx not found, I do something like
>
> ldd `which apache`

Neat... that's one for my "book of tricks"

> You will get a list of shared libs needed by apache. And you will see if the
> lib is present or missing.
>
> I tried on my PA-RISC, my apache needs libdb.so.2, too. Doing an
>
> auto-apt search libdb.so.2
>
> tells me that this lib is in the libc6 package. Did you install this package?

I'm sure it is.  In the end a cheated a bit and symlinked libdb.so.2
to libdb.so.3, apache started fine, but I'm not sure what damage may
eventuate from doing that.. :)

Thanks for the great tips.

Regards,

Pete.