Re: 712-60 XFree86 mouse driver problems

Yes, I'm having similar things happening here. I have
KDE and KDM running, just using /dev/psaux and protocol
"PS/2".

On KDM startup, the mouse works ok, but after logging in
and out, it no longer works, I just have the X in the
middle of the KDM screen. I think toggling the consoles
may wake it up, or restarting kdm. Kind of defeats the
purpose, and maybe I'll just switch to "startx" instead,
I really dislike the display managers anyways.

I couldn't get gpm to detect my mouse or anything. Normally
I would use the repeater set to "raw", but it doesn't seem
to initialize.

I have no idea what /dev/ps2fu is, never heard of such a
thing. Is this some kind of hppa-specific kluge?

- Doug