712-60 XFree86 mouse driver problems

On Wed, 5 Jun 2002, M. Grabert wrote:

> On Tue, 4 Jun 2002, B. Douglas Hilton wrote:
> > Install Notes: "gpm" doesn't seem to work for me, although I
> > am running a Dexxa Optical Wheel Mouse through a KVM switch.
> > I just set X to "PS/2" and it worked ( but no mouse wheel ).
> Try ImPS/2 or ExplorerPS/2 instead and add a line
> Option "ZAxisMapping" "4 5"
> in the InputDevice Section

On my 712-60, I've had to call my mouse "ps2fu" in gpm.conf but enabling the
same repeater didn't get X to use it.  Anyhow, the problem with fups2 is that
every time I exit Gnome and X is restarted by gdm, the mouse in X no longer
works so I have to ctrl-alt-back kill X to reinitialize the mouse again.

Meanwhile, that same fups2 driver seems to work as expected on consoles and
never caused me any problem.

Martin-Éric Racine, Helsinki, Finland.
+358 41 474 0289