(fix enclosed) broken Finnish keyboard in X on 712-60

On Fri, 5 Apr 2002, Martin-Éric Racine wrote:

> I have just noticed that my Finnish keyboard is not properly mapped under X; the
> <|> key (right besdides the left Shift key) does not respond.  It works fine on
> the consoles, though, after upgrading to a 2.4.17 kernel.
>
> This is on a 712-60.
>
> Does anyone have a cure?

I found one, with help from a friend on SPARC, where a similar problem exists
(though on a different keycode).

He suggested I try evaluating the keycode with xev.  This returned 135, so I
used the following receipe to have a temporary fix:

xmodmap -e "keycode 135 = less greater bar"

This cures the problem on my Keytronic 105-key Finnish keyboard and on the
original HP 102-key Finnish keyboard, but is obviously a kludge; the keymaps
need to be fixed to use the correct defaults for Finnish keyboards in the X
keymap library.  Btw, both keyboards are bog standard PS/2 models.

Feel free to forward this info to Branden or whoever else handles X upstream.

--
Martin-Éric Racine, Helsinki, Finland.
http://www.pp.fishpool.fi/~q-funk/