Re: HP9000-C200 which nic is installed ?

On Sat, Apr 13, 2002 at 05:18:27PM +0200, Henning Sørensen wrote:
> I've come to the part where I should install the NIC, and since I'm absolutely
> clueless as to which NIC is installed I'm actually stuck here !!!
>
> I've tried to choose the "dummy" driver, but then the machine hangs, all listed
> NIC's are preceeded with a "-" - so I guess Linux has not been able to autodetect
> the onboard NIC.

Hmm.. interesting, the dummy driver really oughtn't hang the kernel.
I'll file a bug about that.  But the kernel we ship has that driver
already built in (it's tulip, in case you were wondering), so you don't
need to choose a module.  In fact, we build drivers into the kernel for
all of the built-in devices in PA boxes.