Installation Failure

Hi,
  I've got a B132L with a clean disk and a non-HP SCSI CD-Rom drive.

  It came with a HP->VGA converter cable, but doesn't seem to like my
monitor, so I'm trying to install Debian .9.3 from the serial port.  I've
disconnected the keyboard and mouse from the system.

  I downloaded the palinux-0.9.3.iso binary, and copied that to a
CDROM.

  The boot sequence seems to go OK, I can boot from the CDRom, and go
through partitioning the disk, mounting the partitions, and installing
the rescue.bin and drivers.tgz files.  (Over the network seems to work.
Doing this from the CDRom isn't working - if I choose CDRom for the
install medium, I get a screen that informs me I have several CDRoms to
choose from, and a page or so of blank lines.)

  When it comes to installing the full system, though...

  Again, I chose to install over the network, selected 'woody',
and connected to  http://http.us.debian.org, it downloads several files,
starts the install and then tells me:

http://http.us.debian.org:80/debian/pool/main/p/pcre3/libpcre3_3.4-1.1_hppa.deb
was corrupt

  Is there something I've missed here?  An online step-by-step?

  If it helps, I'm pretty naive about HP equipment, but I've written
drivers and been workstation admin on Unix stuff since V7, and been
running Linux on x86 platforms for about 5 years.

	Thanks

	Clif
--
... Tcl/Tk for Real Programmers - Academic Press Professional ...