Re: gimp, gnome, libgtk-perl, etc, etc

Quoth LaMont Jones:
> We have two choices with pdl (and _many_ others - c++ tends to trigger the
> bug in the linker):
> 1) upload with a workaround (-ffunction-sections or more)
> 2) wait for the next binutils upload, which should "just fix it".
>
> I'm inclined to do #2 unless you tell me it's more important to just upload
> the damn thing.
>
> lamont

Something I'm not clear on - so please forgive the awkward question -
but does a package being held up because of architecture-specific bugs
just get held up for that platform, or all platforms?

If a "temporarily" work-around fixed pdl package for hppa will then
unblock the flow of dependant packages into woody for all architectures,
then I would opine that this would be the neighbourly thing to do.

Andrew.

--
Andrew Shugg <andrew@neep.com.au>                   http://www.neep.com.au/

"Just remember, Mr Fawlty, there's always someone worse off than yourself."
"Is there?  Well I'd like to meet him.  I could do with a good laugh."