Re: gimp, gnome, libgtk-perl, etc, etc

You wrote:

> Second, could someone with an hppa box look into pdl (bug 104630)? It's
> holding up gimp, which is holding up the new gs, which is holding up
> libgnome-print-perl, which is holding up libgtk-perl, which is holding
> up gtkglarea and a whole bunch of random other stuff. [The mips upload of
> gs, if it's done will break the chain at gs, but pdl still needs fixing]

We have two choices with pdl (and _many_ others - c++ tends to trigger the
bug in the linker):
1) upload with a workaround (-ffunction-sections or more)
2) wait for the next binutils upload, which should "just fix it".

I'm inclined to do #2 unless you tell me it's more important to just upload
the damn thing.

lamont