Re: query about non-functional keys

Hi Dean,
Hi Thomas,

> > I managed to get the first of several 715/75's booted and operational.

cool !

> > However, one key does not work correctly, Control-X seems
> > non-functional, and I'm unsure about getting "gpm" running properly.

> > The upper left key which the keycap displays as: ~ ` (i.e. shift and
> > unshifted characters respectively) prints as > < (going from memory, as
> > I am remotely loged in and it seems to display the characters correctly)
> > when in console mode.

Wich kernel are you using ?
Do you see "HIL: keymap loaded." in your dmesg ? If yes, then you have
a recent kernel in which I dropped as many changes to simulate a US
keyboard. Since I only own a german HIL keyboard (which has the keys >,<
on the upper left key) I thought it is there on the english keyboard too.
It seems I was wrong.

If you could provide a correct keyboard mapping (try "showkey", "dumpkey -s"
and "loadkeys" as provided in the script attached in Thomas' mail) I can
patch the kernel to support your keyboard correctly.

> > If any readers know how to get the keys working properly (the keyboard
> > is type HIL), or how to correctly configure "gpm", I would be
> > grateful.

HIL mices aren't supported yet. So, gpm can't work either.
But you could attach an "old" serial mouse to the serial port and use that
instead until we have a working HIL-mouse driver.

Greetings,
Helge