query about non-functional keys

Hello again:

I managed to get the first of several 715/75's booted and operational.
However, one key does not work correctly, Control-X seems
non-functional, and I'm unsure about getting "gpm" running properly.

The upper left key which the keycap displays as: ~ ` (i.e. shift and
unshifted characters respectively) prints as > < (going from memory, as
I am remotely loged in and it seems to display the characters correctly)
when in console mode.

While installing, I used "nano-tiny" (the supplied editor), but could
not exit as ^X (i.e. control-X) was not recognized (i.e. was
non-functional).  I got around this by "cat"ing to create the needed
file.

Lastly, I'm unsure how I should configure "gpm" so that the mouse
works properly.  I'd like to "select/paste", but cannot just now.

If any readers know how to get the keys working properly (the keyboard
is type HIL), or how to correctly configure "gpm", I would be
grateful.

Regards,

Dean

--
				Dean Provins
		dprovins@ucalgary.ca,  provinsd@telusplanet.net

Linux is a stimulating and productive alternative to other PC operating systems.