Re: CD boot failure

Hi again,

> closed, and then the tray pops out.  Apparently, that 135 +- MB ISO
> image isn't recognized as a valid ISO9660 CD image.
That is the reason of your problem.

> I noticed in Albert's reply (below), that I should expect to see a
> Debian file system on it.  Is it correct then to burn is as a "raw"
> image?
That will be a solution.

- Try to download 0.9.2 from
ftp://puffin.external.hp.com/pub/parisc/cd-images/palinux-0.9.2.iso.gz
or from here at http://mkhppa1.esiee.fr/download.html#install

	FYI, if you have a good connection where the PA box can be link with
the install via the net is better!

- Compare the md5sum of the compressed file with the result published by
the site

- Decompress the archive: gunzip <archive_name>

- Burn it: cdrecord speed=4 dev=0,0,0 -eject -data
/tmp/palinux-0.9.2.iso (for example)

	I do not recommend to burn it under Windows. We had very bad
experiences with that in the past!

And then enjoy :)

Thomas.