Re: CD boot failure

Hello,

On Fri, 12 Oct 2001, Dean Allen Provins wrote:

<snip>

> I attempted to compare the CD image with the ungzipped ISO image, but
> of course I couldn't mount it.  The message was "mount: No medium
> found", which I presume resulted from not having a file system on the
> CD.

The 0.9.2 ISO CD should mount fine on any Linux system. You should see a
debian directory and some files on it.

> Can any reader tell me if I have a CD problem, or a hardware problem
> (and what the solution might be)?

Sounds like your CD might be ill, or your hardware. :-) I've found that
my CD-ROM in my i386 can't mount the CD I wrote, but my CD-RW drive
mounts it without problems.

Regards,

Albert