Re: Getting up and running

On Sun, Sep 16, 2001 at 12:00:12AM +0200, Albert Strasheim wrote:
> I've obtained linux-latest.tar.gz, palo-latest.tar.gz and
> xc-latest.tar.gz Is there anything I should explicitly look to change in
> the kernel config, or is the CPU and the other goodies right for what I
> presume is a 725/50?

It's a 720/50 -- the 725/50 uses a later processor and doesn't have
these problems.  The defconfig intentionally doesn't have a CPU type set
so you have to choose -- PA7000/PA7100 (the default option) is correct.

> I'll hopefully get the current kernel building soon. Next up I'll have
> to find some terminators and T-pieces to get my network going. I hope to
> have some time to test the patch next weekend.

Cool.  Don't forget to use rbootd instead of tftp / bootp.

> Perhaps Thomas Marteau will find some time to test it before I do?

Or maybe one of the other intrepid 720/730/750 owners on the list --
there's quite a lot of people who've registered in the hwdb.