Re: Debian hppa / hurd project :-)

Hi Matt, thanks for the punctual reply,

I will snag up your sources and make the build. I'm not an official
debian developer, so I'm not really concerned about the details of
your package. The only one I ever managed to make yet was a
glx-dummy package that lets me install opengl debs with my
nvidia card on the x86 box.

I am a lot more comfortable doing builds from tarballs anyways,
my x86 debian 2.2 system is so modified that I will be screwed
when I switch it to woody. All of my opengl stuff is slackware.

One of these days I really should become a real debian developer
but I am just hammered by student loans, work, new baby etc. I
am one of the original debian users, I used debian 0.97 or some
such way back in 1993 on my 386! It took me seven more years
to get my mechanical engineering degree, and I am still trying to
catch up, it was a big sacrifice to complete the program.

On the other side, I can write programs that totally befuddle most
of the MIS lusers where I work. Python rules, Ada is the future,
and GtkAda - tis the finest! ( They goggle at elvis running under
cygwin on my win2k work box, no clue whatsoever  :-)

Matt Taggart wrote:

task. To my suprise, the debian-hppa distro does not include
gdb.

I have also produced a Debian package by installing to pseudoroot, tar'ing it
up and using alien to convert it. It's not pretty but it works. This package
is available at,

ftp://puffin.external.hp.com/pub/parisc/binaries/debian/unofficial-debs/
gdb-hppa_5.0-4.pehc.2_hppa.deb

Ok, I'll snag it. Thanks bunches!

Furthermore, I need a cross-debugger, specifically I need
an hppa -> X86 gdb cross debugger.

I think you'll need to build your own from pehc cvs then.

No problem, I'll put it through the wringer, heh heh...

- Doug