booting an hp 712/60 (just dumb newbie questions)

Hello,
	Do you have to do anything special to get the machine to boot? Typing
"boot" at the boot_admin prompt should do it right (if the boot device
is set properly)? It is just that I thought HP-UX was on the hard drive
but typing "boot" does nothing except get you the welcome screen (or
whatever) and then throws you back into the boot_admin. I must therefore
assume that there is nothing of the hard drive. Is there anyway of
making sure though?

James

--
Can you discern the signs of the times? || www.danielrevelation.com