Re: Condor Upload

Hi Tim,

Am Thu, Oct 27, 2022 at 11:31:02AM -0500 schrieb Tim Theisen:
> Thank you for the help.

You are welcome.  Please note: I'm not a user of condor.  My main
motivation is that the Debian Med team took over responsibility of
Neurodebian packages and I failed for years to sort this out.  So I'll
probably leave you alone once the package is maintained (and thus
uploaded with the proper maintainer address and VCS fields) of Debian
HPC Team (I just fixed the Maintainer address).

These are important metadata which influence several workflows which
are broken for years now.  Just to make sure you will understand my
motivation correctly.

To stress that I'm for the moment highly motivated I fixed quite some
lintian issues which you can see in Salsa CI[1].  I see room for fixing
some more which might be easier for me than for you given that I have
quite some training with such issues.  But this will not happen before
next Tuesday (Monday is holiday here at my place).

> I will work on this next week when I get back to the
> office on Monday.

I would like you to decide one pretty important thing:  Please
reconsider the creation of the new binary package **temporarily**.  The
point is:  The current condor package is urgently needed at the earliest
point in time given it fixes so many CVEs and bugs.  When adding a new
binary package it takes an unpredictable time to pass the new queue and
my gut feeling tells me that we need to expect several months and most
probably several cycles in new.  This means the next stable release
would be (again) without condor.

To avoid this my suggestion is to either not ship the files in the new
binary package or leave them inside the main package, upload, wait until
the package is migrated to testing and add the new binary package
*later*.

> I will check over your changes. Thank you for enabling Salsa CI. I've not
> used it yet. I think it will be very useful for my updates. I tried running
> lintian in my debian:sid Docker container and it just hung.

Strange, but anyway we have some solution now.

> I intend that the upstream HTCSS Debian build files match the Debian build
> files very closely. Just the version string should be different to
> distinguish between them.

What are "the upstream HTCSS Debian build files"?

> I know that the Debian build files need some work. They have been essential
> untouched since Debian 9 (stretch).  For instance, we should be using the
> debhelper stuff for systemd files.

Definitely.  Unfortunately I have not dealt with systemd yet.  Thus I
left this untouched.  May be its a good idea if you would concentrate on
this (seeking for examples at https://codesearch.debian.net or ask for
some help on debian-mentors@lists.debian.org is highly recommended).

> I have many copyright updates from the HTCSS project. I will incorporate
> those from upstream.

It makes sense to update this inside the Debian packaging but as I said
above:  For the moment I'd recommend to avoid some ftpmaster copyright
review since it takes more time than we have.

Hope this helps and have a nice weekend
     Andreas.

[1] https://salsa.debian.org/hpc-team/condor/-/jobs/3437307

--