Re: opa-ff_10.7.0.0.133+dfsg.1-1_amd64.changes is NEW

On Thu, Jun 14, 2018 at 9:38 AM, Roland Fehrenbacher <rfehren@debian.org> wrote:

> Hi Brian,
>
>     BS> Greetings, It looks like the opa-ff salsa repository was set up
>     BS> a few months ago, but the ITP was just sent 6/14/2018?  I am
>     BS> doing a lot of work with Omni-Path and had this package on my
>     BS> near-term list of things to do. So, hats off to Roland for
>     BS> taking it off of my plate! :D
>
> I had this ready since January, but got distracted til now to really
> polish for upload. It's already part of Qlustar 10. Timely filing the
> ITP slipped through, sorry for that, but there wasn't one from you
> either :) Are the upstream d/dirs from you? Would be nice to either have
> them removed or moved into a subdirectory, so they are not in the way
> when packaging for Debian.

I'm not involved with the upstream development. My employer, System
Fabric Works, releases a version of IFS for Debian, but it is
developed in a similar fashion to how Debian package maintenance is
done. Agreed, I did not file an ITP.

> Now that you're familiar with the topic, it'd be nice if you could
> review/test and improve (where necessary) my stuff.
>
>     BS> However, I would like to know if there are other pieces of the
>     BS> Intel Fabric Suite Omni-Path software that anyone is working
>     BS> on. I'm not trying to claim ownership, but it would be nice to
>     BS> coordinate efforts.
>
> opa-fm is ready as well, am just in the process of finishing up and
> uploading. ITP is filed ...

Great! I pushed a few opa-ff packaging updates to debian/master and
patches to patch-queue/debian/master. I'm not sure how you were able
to build opa-ff, as it specified the unknown package ibacm-dev. I'm
filing a bug against ibacm to get ibacm-dev created.

Regarding IFS-related ITPs, I think we need hfi1-diagtools-sw for
managing the HFI eprom and the OPA functionality will be complete.
Thoughts on:

* opaconfig - I don't believe this is needed. It's a helper script for
install and config. dpkg should be handling all of the installation
and automated configuration.

* opa-scripts - I don't believe this is needed. rdma-core is now
handling initialization of the RDMA stack.

--
Brian T. Smith
System Fabric Works