Re: Adding copilot

On Wed, 20 Jul 2022, Ivan Perez wrote:

I just tried to rebase your branch on top of the latest master, but
when I run ./test-packages.pl I get:

[...]

The jenkins job gave me the answer: just base the dockerimage on debian:sid.

In case it's useful to others, the following image works:

```dockerfile
FROM debian:sid

ENV DEBIAN_FRONTEND="noninteractive"
RUN apt-get update
RUN apt-get install --yes libfile-slurp-perl libipc-run-perl \
 liblist-moreutils-perl libtext-patch-perl libdpkg-perl \
 dctrl-tools patchutils git cabal-install ghc

RUN git clone https://salsa.debian.org/haskell-team/package-plan.git
RUN cabal update
WORKDIR package-plan
CMD ./test-packages.pl
```

Maybe we can put this in the README?

Good idea!

The
situation is a bit worse than I originally thought.  About 26 packages
need to be added, along with updating bimap.

:( Is that going to be an issue?

In case it helps: We've been trying to reduce dependencies lately. My expectation is that future versions will not increase the number of dependencies in the foreseeable future.

It's not terrible - adding a Debian Haskell package is relatively easy - it's almost automated. However, each of those 26 will require a trip through the Debian NEW queue, which usually takes a week or more. So it's a slow process.

The biggest issue right now is that the archive is in quite a state of churn due to the upgrade to GHC 9.0.2, and lots of packages are still not buildable yet. Plus, there's an ABI issue with the GHC 9.0.2 that needs to be fixed. So, most of that really needs to be sorted out before starting work on adding packages.

Scott