Re: Contributing to pandoc dependencies: many packages to upload

Quoting Scott Talbert (2022-05-31 15:04:51)
> On Mon, 30 May 2022, Robert Greener wrote:

> >> Just hold off on these for a minute Scott if you've seen this...
> >>
> >> I've forgot to put a colon between closes and the bug number in the
> >> changelog so they won't autoclose.
> >
> > All OK now.
>
> In thinking about the packages that are FTBFS when using LC_ALL=C, this is
> cause by somewhat of a regression in haskell-devscripts, since the old
> install recipe used to set LC_ALL=C.UTF-8[1] before running the command
> where most of these packages are failing (due to the copyright symbol).
>
> I'm thinking that rather than update all of these individual packages (and
> who knows how many more) to set LC_ALL=C.UTF-8, we should restore this
> setting in haskell-devscripts, and perhaps even set LC_ALL=C.UTF-8
> globally in hlibrary.mk?
>
> What do you all think?

I think it should be set as minimally as possible - and clearly
documented.

E.g. only within the rules known to specifically need it, not loaded
into the global make environment across all make targets.

 - Jonas