Re: Haskell binnmus is there a problem?

On 8/27/2019 7:39 PM, Adam D. Barratt wrote:
> On Tue, 2019-08-27 at 19:40 +0300, Ilias Tsitsimpis wrote:
>> So, how can we move forward? Is the release team willing to give more
>> members of our team access to the wanna-build infrastructure, or
>> should we try to automate this and how?
> That's not the Release Team's decision, but the wanna-build
> maintainers. Nor do we have the ability to grant access, beyond any
> points where team membership might overlap.

Do you have an opinion if this should actually be automated? I.e.
automatically be fed into wb on a regular basis? I think the Release
Team would also be the first team who would want to have a lever to stop
that kind of automation from happening. Unfortunately I don't know how
often those binNMUs would interfere with your day to day work. But I'd
rather we run this centrally.

And yes, I realize that this is a little tricky because of policy
questions on what code to run. But dak already solved this AFAIK and as
long as we have DD signatures on the code it should also be fine to
import from, say, Salsa. That said, there are still awkward questions on
how to build the binaries used for this as the Haskell binNMU thing is
obviously written in Haskell rather than being a script.

Kind regards
Philipp Kern