Re: Haskell binnmus is there a problem?

On Wed, Aug 21, 2019 at 10:14AM, Mattia Rizzolo wrote:
> On Wed, Aug 21, 2019 at 10:06:00AM +0200, Joachim Breitner wrote:
> > I used to schedule these, but for many months it seems it wasn't
> > necessary, not sure if someone else scheduled them
>
> At the very least, quite some times pochu did them the last year, fwiw.

Indeed, pochu was very helpful during the last Haskell transition,
scheduling binNMUs from [1].

[1] https://people.debian.org/~nomeata/binNMUs-haskell.txt

> > Going forward, it is not sustainable for this to depend on manual
> > interaction by me. We at least need to allow a more active member of
> > the Haskell team do these, or finally automate this tedious task.
>
> It's the problem all statically liked languages have, be that haskell,
> ocaml, or the "new" golang (that came to the spotlight due to a somewhat
> worse implementation than the other two).  Please do try to coordinate
> and decide on a sane method to process auto-binNMUs or something like
> that.

So, how can we move forward? Is the release team willing to give more
members of our team access to the wanna-build infrastructure, or should
we try to automate this and how?

--
Ilias