Re: Several Pending Autoremovals

On Sun, Mar 13, 2016 at 11:10 PM, Clint Adams <clint@debian.org> wrote:
> If you can solve or motivate someone else to solve the http2 Huffman encoding
> mystery, that would be great.

I'm really new to haskell, so this is probably a bit beyond my depth.

> Some other less-critical things for someones to do:
>
>   Package these for NEW: [...]

I've started by packaging http-media 0.6.3.  I cloned DHG_packages and used http2 as a starting point (since it seemed to be recently packaged).  I now have a build of the package working locally.  I've requested membership on the alioth group, is that the best place to push a branch for review or is there some other preferred workflow?

The only issues I ran into where:
* I don't know how to include both a lower and upper bound on dependencies, as was done in the upstream cabal file.  For now I've only included the lower bounds in the control file.
* I had to add a few -prof packages to get it to build.  I'm not sure how to determine that in advance, other than attempt a build and see what fails.
* I noticed things like libghc-base-dev and libghc-bytestring-dev are virtual packages provided by ghc, so didn't explicitly include them in the control file.

Thanks,
Justin