Re: Best VCS layout for our packages?

Hi,

I checked out two random tags and compared it with the contents of the
file on snap.debian.org; up to whitespace differences, they are equal.
Good!

Am Dienstag, den 07.07.2015, 07:54 +0300 schrieb Dmitry Bogatov:
> I added them, but some of them have conflicting names, in particular
> haskell-dbus. You can see what errors throws
>
> 	~kaction-guest/haskell-darcs-mirror/relink.sh
>
> In such cases, non-old is preferred.

Sounds reasonable.

> >  * All patches have me as a committer. Can you change that so that
> >    the author is the committer?
> >
> > Possible, I believe. Change user.name and user.email before
> > applying every patch.
> > Does anyone know tool for splitting From: field into name and
> > email?
>
> Seems to work, but I did not checked all 22k patches.

with the patches that I checked, I found a strange committer, e.g.:
committer a19760978ffb9c876a8d2c792533fa9b50fb52c4 Mon Sep 17 00:00:00 2001 <mail@joachim-breitner.de> 1435798802 +0300

If that is fixed, I believe we can make the switch. What’s a good
repository name? "all-packages.git"? "DHG.git"?