Shall we clean out before 7.10?

Hi,

recently, I brought up the idea of removing a bunch of cruft that is
neither a dependency of something that we want for sure (a “key”
package) nor in Stackage (presumably easy to maintain).

With the current transition (almost) done, maybe that should be the
next thing to tackle. I expect that doing that now will make the 7.10
transition quicker, as there are simply fewer not-well-maintained
packages that can break.

If you agree, then we should set a deadline for “please do not remove
FOO” requests. How about, say, Wednesday?

To find the list of packages to remove, run
$ ./test-packages.pl --only-key-packages
and look for
"ERROR: Package missing in package plan"
error messages. Currently, there are 160 of them:

ALUT
AMI
EdisonAPI
EdisonCore
GLFW
HCard
HDBC
HDBC-odbc
HDBC-postgresql
HDBC-sqlite3
HFuse
HGL
HJScript
HJavaScript
HSH
HaskellForMaths
HsSyck
IOSpec
LDAP
LibZip
OSM
OpenAL
Ranged-sets
SDL
SDL-gfx
SDL-image
SDL-mixer
SDL-ttf
SMTPClient
Shellac
SimpleEA
Stream
Tensor
algebra
arrows
augeas
bencode
binary-shared
bindings-gpgme
bindings-libzip
bindings-nettle
bindings-sane
bitarray
brainfuck
bytestring-nums
carettah
categories
cautious-file
cgi
chell-hunit
citeproc-hs
clocked
cmark
config-value
crypto-conduit
crypto-pubkey-openssh
data-accessor-template
data-lens
data-lens-template
data-pprint
datetime
dependent-map
dependent-sum
dependent-sum-template
diagrams-gtk
download-curl
dpkg
event-list
explicit-exception
failure
ftphs
gconf
github
graceful
gtksourceview2
haddock
hashed-storage
haskell-qrencode
haskelldb
haskelldb-hdbc
haskelldb-hdbc-odbc
haskelldb-hdbc-postgresql
haskelldb-hdbc-sqlite3
haskore
hcwiid
hedis
hscurses
hsmagick
hsql
hsql-mysql
hsql-odbc
hsql-postgresql
hsql-sqlite3
hsqml
hxt-cache
hxt-xpath
hxt-xslt
iCalendar
io-streams
knob
language-python
largeword
lazysmallcheck
libsystemd-journal
ltk
maccatcher
magic
markov-chain
mersenne-random
midi
mime
monoid-transformer
mueval
murmur-hash
ncurses
netwire
non-negative
nonce
numeric-quest
oeis
ofx
openpgp
pipes-zlib
ranges
readline
reform-blaze
reform-hamlet
regex-pcre
regex-tdfa-utf8
rosezipper
sandi
sfml-audio
show
simpleirc
snap-loader-dynamic
snap-loader-static
snaplet-acid-state
strptime
svgcairo
syb-with-class-instances-text
tasty-hspec
template
test-framework-th-prime
torrent
universe-base
unix-bytestring
unlambda
utility-ht
vte
wai-handler-fastcgi
web-plugins
webkit
x509-util
xcb-types
xml2html
yaml-light
yesod-auth-account
yesod-default
yesod-markdown

Don’t be shy to mark something as "key"! Preferably with a comment why
it should a "key" package.