Re: Migration to debhelper issues

Hi,

Am Samstag, den 03.10.2015, 10:25 +0000 schrieb Dmitry Bogatov:
> As I already mentioned, I work on `dh-haskell`, attempt to migrate
> our
> Make/shell build system mess to perl mess, cleaning legacy by the way
> =).
>
> In attempt to introduce no problems, I wrote code to make resulting
> binary packages bit-to-bit same, as ones generated by
> haskell-devscripts. Sometimes it meant to add unneeded hacks, but I
> managed.

Great!

> But when finish is close, I encountered something really hard.
>
> -dev package, generated my `dh-haskell` misses `Ghc-Package:` control
> field, but I found no mention(grep -R) of `Ghc-Package' in
> haskell-devscripts. What and how generates this field?

It is this line in hlibrary.mk:
DEB_DH_GENCONTROL_ARGS_libghc-$(CABAL_PACKAGE)-dev += -- '-DGHC-Package=$${haskell:ghc-package}

> Second problem is that I get different *.{hi,dyn_hi,so} libraries.
> Binary diff did not revealed anything useful -- just different
> letters in middle of file, with no recognizeble to me meaning. What
> information is stored in these files? What tools can help me find
> difference? I know about debbindiff.

debbindiff is the best I can offfer...

It is likely that these variations are out of your control, and nothing
to worry about.

> If you have time and willpower to dig into code, you can take
> dh-haskell from alioth:
>
> 	/var/lib/gforge/chroot/home/users/kaction-guest/public_git/dh
> -haskell
>
> and for haskell-bool-extras (should not matter, but I test on it)
> replace rules with following lines:
>
> 	#!/usr/bin/make -f
> 	%:
> 	        dh $@ --with haskell --buildsystem=haskell

I don’t have the time to look at it, but I do like the outcome a lot!