Re: gitit needs care

Hi Dimtry,

note that the problem with gitit is (for a change :-)) not that it is
outdated, but rather that the version in unstable is not installable
any more, as the dedicated jquery package is updated.

For the current transition, it is important to fix the package in
unstable without upgrading other Haskell packages.

So what you should do, I think, is to change the gitit package in
unstable (master branch of the packages repository) to work with
libjs-jquery 1.11.3, i.e. changing the dependency and – of course and
most important – testing whether gitit still works fine with that
version.

(Of course I could quickly change the dependency myself, but the
testing is the important part, and should be done by someone who knows
how jquery is used there, what features should work and notice
regressions – something I cannot do.)