Re: gitit needs care

On Fri, 4 Sep 2015 06:51:04 +0000 (UTC)
Dmitry Bogatov <KAction@gnu.org> wrote:

> > second call for gitit care takers: Are there any?
> > Are we actually aware of any users of the package?
>
> I currently do not use it, but for irrational reasons would like to
> keep it.
>
> I didn't followed DHG closely since ~1.5months, sorry.
>
> I took a look at gitit. Last version in DHG_packages/ of it
> is 0.11, in package-plan is 0.10. Newest is 0.12.
> Is package plan is outdated, or it is not used anymore?

The package-plan should be up-to-date. Please note, that we currently
have more branches than usual, because of the transition. So you need
to make sure, you use the same branch in the packages repo and the
package-plan.

> Also, gitit depends on pandoc, pandoc from experimental is not
> installable (http-client-tls-0.2.2-3344a). Strangely, there is no
> pandoc in DHG_packages. Why?

I guess pandoc isn't in our repository, because it's not maintained by
the DHG, but I don't know the details of pandoc's current status.

> This evening I will try harder to rebuild pandoc and upgrade gitit.

Great, thanks!

Regards
Sven