Re: followup to irc conversation about building 7.8 with 7.6

Hi Joachim and Peter,

>I’ve seen this before, but because I always build with sbuild, it did
>not itch me too much so far. Patches welcome. If anyone feels like
>cleaning stuff up; ghc’s debian/rules is quite convoluted and could use
>some re-thinking. But again, not a high priority, at least for me.

This might be fixed with a call to

dh_autotools-dev_updateconfig

in configure-stamp (after the call to dh_autoreconf should be good)

and a

dh_autotools-dev_restoreconfig in clean, just before

dh_autoreconf_clean

this will allow the deletion of lines
rm -f config.sub

rm -f config.guess
ln -s /usr/share/misc/config.sub .
ln -s /usr/share/misc/config.guess .

and nothing more, since we already depend on autotools-dev.

Peter please confirm the fix works!

Joachim, I'm trying right now to refactor the rules file, I'll let you know how it goes :)

This will simplify (hopefully) a little bit our rules file, but might introduce some regressions, I
guess this is ok for 7.10 ;)

cheers,

Gianfranco