Re: Help needed with lens testsuite

Hi,

Am Samstag, den 06.06.2015, 17:56 +0100 schrieb Edmund Grimley Evans:
> I don't think that will work because the file
> /usr/lib/ghc/rts-1.0/libHSrts_thr.a seems to be present even on
> architectures without threading, presumably as a stub:
>
> https://packages.debian.org/sid/arm64/ghc/filelist

ugh. darn.

Maybe "ghc --info" can help us. on amd64, I get

         ,("RTS ways","l debug thr thr_debug thr_l thr_p dyn debug_dyn
                       thr_dyn thr_debug_dyn l_dyn thr_l_dyn
        thr_debug_p")

Unfortunately, in an armel chroot on asachi, I get

~ $ ghc --info
Illegal instruction

:-(

Not sure what’s wrong here.

Anyways, on arm64, I also get

         ,("RTS ways","l debug thr thr_debug thr_l thr_p dyn debug_dyn
            thr_dyn thr_debug_dyn l_dyn thr_l_dyn thr_debug_p")

so there is no useful difference here.

> I'm a bit confused because I thought that doctests required dynamic
> linking and dynamic linking is only available on amd64 and i386. One
> of those thoughts must be wrong.

I thought doctests require template haskell, i.e. the interpreter. And
since 7.8, the system linker is used there, so more architectures are
supported here.

> Anyway, we might have to resort to disabling tests on listed
> architectures, in which case the ones to disable on arm64 would be
> properties, hunit and doctests, which is 3 out of the 4, so it's not
> great, but at least something is still being tested.

Looks like it. Care to prepare and test (at least on amd64) a patch?