Re: Help needed with lens testsuite

Hi,

Am Donnerstag, den 04.06.2015, 20:28 +0100 schrieb Edmund Grimley Evans:
> > >   https://buildd.debian.org/status/package.php?p=haskell-lens
>
> On arm64, ppc64el and s390x there's this error:
>
> Test suite properties: RUNNING...
> properties: unknown RTS option: -N
>
> Is this because the runtime doesn't do threads on those architectures?
>
> I found this in the debian/changelog dated Sep 2012:
>
>   * Enable test suite on architectures with threaded runtime.
>
> Is the build script supposed to detect whether the architecture has a
> threaded runtime?

currently it does not:

        ifeq ($(DEB_HOST_ARCH),sparc)
        	# Disable tests that require SMP.
        	DEB_SETUP_GHC_CONFIGURE_ARGS += -f-test-hunit -f-test-properties
        endif

but it could, like this:

        ifeq ($(shell if [ ! -e /usr/lib/ghc/rts-1.0/libHSrts_thr.a ]; then echo 0; fi),0)
        	# Disable tests that require SMP.
        	DEB_SETUP_GHC_CONFIGURE_ARGS += -f-test-hunit -f-test-properties
        endif

Thanks for noticing! I uploaded a new haskell-lens package, let me know
if I fixed the problem.

> By the way, does anyone know if any of those architectures has a
> threaded runtime in the latest upstream versions of GHC, and what is
> involved in implementing the threaded runtime?

No idea. You should ask on ghc-dev, there are helpful people there!