Re: DHG event at DebConf 15?

Hi,

Am Mittwoch, den 18.03.2015, 14:38 +0100 schrieb Sven Bartscher:
> Last year it was brought up, to automate the packaging process
> completely and creating the packages out of the package plan.
> I didn't follow the discussions very close lately, so I don't know what
> the status of cabal-debian is, we might want to discuss the details of
> how this will work and what can be done to get closer to this goal.

good idea! That’s also a good topic for DebCamp, as Kristoffer noticed.

The status is that it is slowly getting more and more usable, while
there are still minor issues. I try to make sure that all of them are
reported at https://github.com/ddssff/cabal-debian/issues

Uploading to experimental is not much fun, but I hope that as soon we
can work in unstable again and start to upgrade packages, that I can use
cabal-debian for most new packages.

I did not yet use it much for package upgrades, let alone the ultimate
goal of generating _each upload_ with cabal-debian, and only storing
additional meta data and patches somewhere. For the latter, I had high
hopes in debdry, but it seems that this project is not quite flying yet:
http://metadata.ftp-master.debian.org/changelogs//main/d/debdry/debdry_0.2.1-1_changelog