Re: Getting newest versions of packages

Hi,

Am Donnerstag, den 08.01.2015, 13:16 +0000 schrieb Dmitry Bogatov:
> I am confused about how should I setup my development environment to
> develop haskell packages. I want to improve cabal-debian-4.17.4, since
> it provides only binary, and I it to provide library as well, because
> it is much more flexible. To build it, I need haskell-debian-3.83.3.1
> from experimental, which conflicts with almost everything. If I
> upgrade ghc to experimental, it is okay, but now I fail to install
> libghc-bool-extras, which is my package and now in sid. I am okay on
> tracking bleeding edge. Where can I read how all this works?

bool-extras is new, right? Then we also need to upload it to
experimental if you want to use it there.

It is all very inconvenient to have the latest packages in experimental.
I hope the release happens soon and we can go back to working as normal.

> Also, I plan to package git-vogue binary, but it depends on base >=4.7
> (ghc-7.8). What is its fate?

Package it for experimental.

> Is it any way I can speed up moving of ghc-7.8 into at least sid?

Yes, by speeding up the release :-)

> 7.10 is coming, and we have only 7.8 even in experimental.

Then plan is to put 7.8 into unstable after the release, make sure
everything works and is migrated to testing, and then start working on
7.10.

> Same question applies to, for hlint. In experimental it is outdated,
> I am working on getting hlint-1.9.15(which depends `extra` library),
> but how should I check, that this update will not break something?

Feel free to package it, targeting experimental.