Re: Is there still hope for hgettext?

Hi,

On Wed, Jan 07, 2015 at 08:21:48PM +0100, Sven Bartscher wrote:
> We (the haskell-team) recently fixed an RC-bug[1] in haskell-hgettext.
> We uploaded the fix to experimental and were wondering if there’s
> still a chance to get it into jessie, though we don’t think it’s very important
> to get it into jessie.

There certainly is a chance (see below).

What do you mean when you write "we don't think it's very important to get it
into jessie"? If the severity of the bug isn't correct, you should downgrade
it. If the bug is really grave, and it won't be fixed, then haskell-hgettext
will be removed from jessie and not be in the release. But you can also just
fix the bug.

> So can you tell, if there’s a chance for hgettext, before we prepare a
> proper release for unstable and file a bug or is it clear that hgettext
> won’t make it?

As stated in the freeze policy, targeted fixes for RC bugs are still accepted
for jessie. So if you have a targeted fix, you can upload it to unstable and
file an unblock request (using reportbug). In that case, there is no need to
remove haskell-hgettext from jessie, which is probably the preferred way
forward for you.

https://release.debian.org/jessie/freeze_policy.html

Cheers,

Ivo