Re: Adding ghcjs support to haskell-devscripts

Hi,

Am Freitag, den 29.08.2014, 13:29 -0700 schrieb David Fox:

> This has so far been necessary for building ghcjs libraries.

I get it now.

>         * Move the make recipes from hlibrary.mk to Dh_Haskell.sh
>         Nice cleanup
>         * Add a postinst script to the ghcjs dev library to run
>         recache
>         Shouldn’t this be handled by a dpkg trigger in your ghcjs
>         package?
>         Not pulling.
>

> Yes, I would appreciate some guidance on how to do this.

It’s quite simple. Here is what ghc does:
$ cat ghc.triggers
interest /var/lib/ghc/package.conf.d
$ cat ghc.postinst # abbreviated
case "$1" in
[..]
    triggered)
        $bindir/ghc-pkg recache --global
        $bindir/ghc-pkg check --global || true
        ;;
    *)
        echo "postinst called with unknown argument \`$1'" >&2
        exit 0
    ;;
esac
[..]

So you just need to find a directory where your libghcjs-foo packages
drop a file into. If there is none, you can come up with one
(e.g. /var/lib/ghcjs/triggers/) and have haskell-devscripts add an
empty /var/lib/ghcjs/triggers/pkg-version file to your libghc-js library
packages.

> Yes, I will create revised patches.  Is it too late for you to unpull?

No, I did that in my own working copy and "darcs obliterated" out of it.

Greetings from Portland,