Re: Making cabal-debian an official tool

Hi,

Am Freitag, den 29.08.2014, 13:22 -0700 schrieb David Fox:
> That is great news!  I think my preference would be to move it to
> github.com (I was actually in the process of doing this today - is it
> ok if I proceed?) and continue to be the upstream developer - there
> are some ugly corners I hope to gradually smooth out.  I would hate
> for anyone to see the module Debian.Debianize.Finalize who didn't
> absolutely have to...

GitHub is very fine!

> On the other hand, I'm fine with debian/patches if that is better for
> you than the github mechanisms.   Mostly I don't want for there to be
> a fork - nobody has the time and energy for that.  I'm pretty sure
> Debian specific patches belong in the upstream - after all, this is a
> Debian specific program!  The stuff that says "lost in the mists of
> time" can certainly be removed - I'm positive nobody out there is
> still using them.

Great. You are generally very responsive, so let’s see how it goes with
you being upstream, and us sending pull requests and nudging you to do
releases when required.

If I’m in a great hurry I might put a patch to debian/patches temporary
until you do a proper release, though, but that shouldn’t hurt.

If you create the repo there soon I’ll start filing a few issues of
things that I’d do differently (otherwise I’ll use the bts for now and
copy them later, which is fine as well).