Re: packaging xcffib

Hi Joachim, Sven,

On Thu, Aug 14, 2014 at 10:59:31PM +0200, Joachim Breitner wrote:
> Dear Tycho,
>
> did you see Sven’s reply? If not, you can read it in full at
> https://lists.debian.org/debian-haskell/2014/08/msg00019.html

Yes, I did, thanks to both of you for following up! I haven't had time to look
into actually packaging anything, I was going to give it a go this weekend.

> Am Mittwoch, den 13.08.2014, 23:19 +0200 schrieb Sven Bartscher:
> > If you're really planning to package haskell libraries, you should
> > consider joining the Haskell Group. We have a lot of infrastructure to
> > find compatibility problems before upgrading packages and other useful
> > tools. It's also much easier to find a sponsor to upload your packages.
>
> let me add that if you really not interested in packaging Haskell
> libraries, but simply require certain libraries in Debian, the Debian
> Haskell Group is happy to package it for you – that’s what we are for.

I was hoping you might say that :). I am really just after getting
certain libraries packaged, namely the ones xcffib depends on:

  build-depends: base ==4.*,
                 xcffib >= 0.1.0,
                 language-python >= 0.4.0,
                 Glob >= 0.7,
                 split,
                 xcb-types >= 0.7.1,
                 optparse-applicative >= 0.5,
                 filepath,
                 directory >= 1.2,
                 containers,
                 mtl >= 2.1,
                 text-format-simple,
                 attoparsec,
                 bytestring

Of these, I think language-python, xcb-types (there actually is no 0.7.1 on
hackage; I've made some changes which were merged upstream and pinged the
maintainer about a release, but haven't heard back yet), Glob and
text-format-simple are all not packaged. I don't use Glob or text-format-simple
for much, so I was planning on re-writing xcffib to not require those two
libraries to make less work for me/whoever does the packaging.

If you (or someone in the group) can package these libraries, that would be
very much appreciated. However, I realize time is limited, so I'm willing to
help/give it a try myself if nobody can.

Thanks!

Tycho