Re: HsQML Qt5 Dependency Question

Hi,

Am Dienstag, den 09.12.2014, 22:13 -0600 schrieb Christopher Reichert:
> haskell-hsqml has a dependency on various qt5 packages. HsQML also
> requires that certain qt executables such as the moc compiler be in
> $PATH in order to build. By default, these executables don't seem to be
> added to my PATH when I install the qt5 dependencies.
>
> I can fix the PATH issue by installing the qt5-default meta package but
> when I add this to the Build-Depends a Lintian error is raised.

How does that help? I don’t see any binaries in
https://packages.debian.org/sid/amd64/qt5-default/filelist

>  I'm
> guessing that changing the users PATH in this manner might be
> undesirable. I'm not certain how Debian's policy works in this situation
> so any advice would be appreciated.
>
> I tried installing a few of the packages which qt5-default includes with
> no luck.  Seems like this could be a common problem:
> https://lintian.debian.org/tags/build-depends-on-metapackage.html

The question seems to be qt-specific, rather than Haskell-specific, so
you should probably ask the qt maintainers.

It might also be that the right situation is to simply adjust the PATH
in debian/rules.