Re: [Pkg-haskell-maintainers] new dependencies for recent pandoc

Quoting Joachim Breitner (2014-09-08 14:41:52)
> Am Montag, den 08.09.2014, 13:14 +0200 schrieb Jonas Smedegaard:
>> These tightened dependencies really are needed, however:
>>
>>   zip-archive >= 0.2.3.4 && < 0.3
>
> This requires a newer binary than in GHC... which is ok until we have
> a package depending on both ghc (the library) and binary. Let's hope
> that doesn’t happen... Otherwise, this looks good, and can be done
> independently from the rest.
>

>>   texmath >= 0.8 && < 0.9
>>   pandoc-types >= 1.12.4 && < 1.13
>>   aeson >= 0.7.0.5 && < 0.9
>>
>> ...and also these new dependencies apparently not yet in Debian:
>>
>>   haddock-library >= 1.1 && < 1.2
>>   deepseq-generics >= 0.1 && < 0.2
>>
>> Any chance someone could update/package those?
>
> Updating pandoc also requires updating gitit and hakyll; they luckily
> have compatible versions.
>

> The biggest problem is aeson: Uprading aeson requires upgrading
> attoparsec which requires updating scientific, text, fb. Upgrading
> text requires upgrading parsec, case-insensitive.

Not sure if relevant (I guess you mean that the aeson library itself
depends on attoparsec): Pandoc 1.13.1 no longer depends (directly) on
attoparsec.

> Furthermore, all of leksah needs to be upgraded (new attoparsec).
>
> And finally there is yesod-markdown, where the first version
> compatible with pandoc requires shakespeare-2.0, which is some work
> (four shakespeare-* have been merged into shakespeare and we then need
> to patch half a dozend packages to not include these dependencies)...
>
> I had a look to see if leksah can be upgraded on its own, but it also
> pulls in shakespeare-2.0... :-(
>

> You could check if the aeson-dependency could be relaxed to allow for
> 0.7.0.3, then we could distangle these upgrades a bit.

@John: Can we relax dependency on aeson from 0.7.0.5 to 0.7.0.3?

 - Jonas