Re: hoogle autopkgtest

On Thu, Jul 10, 2014 at 10:20:04AM +0200, Joachim Breitner wrote:
> Hi,
>
> the hoogle autopkgtest is failing
> http://ci.debian.net/data/packages/unstable/amd64/h/haskell-hoogle/20140705_162953.autopkgtest.log
> as it wants to download stuff from the internets. We should ship
> everything we need in our local packages, so this should be disabled or
> at least made non-critical. Any takers?

I'm not sure how to read this log - does it by any chance have both
stdout and stderr mixed?

The reason I ask is because I see this:

# hoogle.tar.gz (for downloads/hoogle.tar.gz)
2014-07-05 16:31:29 URL:http://hackage.haskell.org/packages/hoogle.tar.gz [16414141/16414141] -> "downloads/hoogle.tar.gz" [1]
Downloaded downloads/hoogle.tar.gz
# hoogle.tar (for downloads/hoogle.tar)
Extracting tar file downloads/hoogle.index
# hoogle.tar (for downloads/hoogle.index)
Finished extracting tar file downloads/hoogle.index

So it looks like, while non-hermetic, this is not what breaks the test.

Looking at the autotest definition, it seems that the non-hermeticism is
not the problem at all. The tests fail with:

apt0t-install-remove FAIL status: 0, stderr: 2014-07-05…

And this is because the control file doesn't specify 'allow-stderr' - so
this is only failing because the downloader writes to stderr.

Now to send this small patch… debcheckout haskell-hoogle fails, and I
fear I'll have to learn darcs again… I'll send a patch after I confirm
autopkgtest works.

regards,
iustin