Re: hoogle autopkgtest

Hi,

Am Donnerstag, den 10.07.2014, 21:30 +0200 schrieb Iustin Pop:
> The reason I ask is because I see this:
>
> # hoogle.tar.gz (for downloads/hoogle.tar.gz)
> 2014-07-05 16:31:29 URL:http://hackage.haskell.org/packages/hoogle.tar.gz [16414141/16414141] -> "downloads/hoogle.tar.gz" [1]
> Downloaded downloads/hoogle.tar.gz
> # hoogle.tar (for downloads/hoogle.tar)
> Extracting tar file downloads/hoogle.index
> # hoogle.tar (for downloads/hoogle.index)
> Finished extracting tar file downloads/hoogle.index
>
> So it looks like, while non-hermetic, this is not what breaks the test.
>
> Looking at the autotest definition, it seems that the non-hermeticism is
> not the problem at all. The tests fail with:
>
> apt0t-install-remove FAIL status: 0, stderr: 2014-07-05…
>
> And this is because the control file doesn't specify 'allow-stderr' - so
> this is only failing because the downloader writes to stderr.

good catch.

Still, can we prevent it from downloading? Its not nice if programs
fetch stuff from the internet without asking. And if we can get it to be
silent on stderr this way, even better. "allow-stderr" might make use
miss real errors.

https://alioth.debian.org/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=314757

> and I
> fear I'll have to learn darcs again… I'll send a patch after I confirm
> autopkgtest works.

If you have our tools repo checked out
(from git+ssh://git.debian.org/git/pkg-haskell/tools), then
$ pkg-haskell-checkout haddock
is more convenient.