Re: haskell-setlocale_0.0.3-1_amd64.changes REJECTED

Hi,

Am Donnerstag, den 03.07.2014, 15:14 +0200 schrieb Sven Bartscher:
> On Thu, 03 Jul 2014 07:48:22 +0200
> Joachim Breitner <nomeata@debian.org> wrote:
>
> > Dear Lukas,
> >
> > we have trouble getting your package into Debian. The easiest would be
> > if you could re-upload your package to hackage with a more standard
> > license, such as the ubiquitous BSD license that everyone else uses in
> > Haskell. Would that be possible?
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Joachim
>
> I already contacted Lukas about this issue. I think I should have noted
> this on the list, sorry for not doing so.
>
> Unfortunately, my attempts to contact Lukas in the past (It was a
> general note, stating that I'm going to package his library) didn't get
> any response. So my hopes, that he will answer, aren't very high.

hmm, tricky then. I wonder how copyrightable the code, which is
basically just the file
http://hdiff.luite.com/cgit/setlocale/tree/System/Locale/SetLocale.hsc
actually is. One could argue that it is just the obvious interfacing
code required to make things (here, Haskell and locales) interoperable
and we hence would not need a license after all.

I mean: If this could were posted as an answer on stackoverflow and some
projects uses it, would we then reject the project because of that?

Thorsten, do you have some advise how to proceed there?