Re: Patches for armhf and armel (ghc 7.8* series)?

Hi,

Am Dienstag, den 06.05.2014, 23:02 +0100 schrieb Gianfranco Costamagna:
> I don't really know, I use haskell in some packages I comaintain and I
> don't want to see it disappear :)

fair enough :-)

> So, I tried to read as most as I can the website, but I didn't
> understand deeply what is the problem
> https://gist.github.com/bgamari/9399430
> this script seems to make haskell build correctly on armel

ugh, using different linkers in different phases. I hope that will not
be necessary in 7.8.3

> and looking at this bug
> https://ghc.haskell.org/trac/ghc/ticket/8976
>
> seems that this commit
> https://github.com/ghc/ghc/commit/abb86adf7f749b3d44887d28bc96b43c5a1e0631
>
> introduced the bug. Is it possible to try to revert it? maybe it will build.

The problem is that if you don’t use shared libraries on arm, then you
use the built-in linker, which has serious bugs according to
http://bgamari.github.io/posts/2014-03-06-compiling-ghc-7.8-on-arm.html