Re: *.haskell-binaries

Hi,

Am Samstag, den 27.07.2013, 18:52 +0200 schrieb Louis Bettens:
> Buried down at the end of hlibrary.mk, there is a rule that installs the
> files listed in the <package>.haskell-binaries file into the
> installation directories for the package. Why isn't it used more widely?
> I found it in bnfc, hscolour and that's all. That and the
> <package>.install file and I can get rid of the copying rules in
> debian/rules.

Because it is too new; all packages not using it were packaged before
the feature was added. If it works for you, by all means use it.

> Other question: would you accept a patch adding
> --datasubdir=$(CABAL_PACKAGE) to dist/ghc in hlibrary.mk? I don't think
> it'll break anything because packages that already specify the flag in
> DEB_SETUP_GHC_CONFIGURE_ARGS won't crash and the wildcard used in
> carettah will still match.

Maybe you can first gather (e.g. from the Contents files) a list of all
haskell packages that have something in /usr/share/foo-1.2.3 and have a
quick look if the path is also hard-coded in debian/* or so. But I
believe that all packages that _do_ ship something there have that flag
already in debian/rules, so it certainly makes sense to adjust
haskell-devscripts to that behaviour.

> (Also, I've added http support for read-only access in
> pkg-haskell-checkout. The --help message has been modified to supply the
> details I've missed when checking out packages for the first time. Is
> there no mail posthook on this repo?)

For pkg-haskell/tools? There should be!