Re: yi (and dyre)

Hi,

Am Samstag, den 06.07.2013, 20:56 +0200 schrieb Louis Bettens:
> > Also, changing debian/rules with every update is not good. Can you
> > change the configure call to make yi use /usr/share/yi instead
> > of /usr/share/yi-0.6.7.0?
>
> Done ! It was caused by the default setting for datasubdir in cabal :
> $pkgid, which is expanded by cabal to yi-0.6.blabla. I put
> --datasubdir=yi as a configure option. I could have used
> --datasubdir=$pkg with proper escaping. Perhaps hlibrary.mk should do
> this by default ?

I thought it does by now, but it seems that currently all affected
packages do it automatically:

$ grep datasubdir */rules
bluetile/rules:DEB_SETUP_GHC6_CONFIGURE_ARGS := --datasubdir=bluetile --libexecdir=/usr/lib/bluetile
gtk2hs-buildtools/rules:DEB_SETUP_GHC6_CONFIGURE_ARGS = --datasubdir=gtk2hs-buildtools
happy/rules:DEB_SETUP_GHC_CONFIGURE_ARGS := --datasubdir=/usr/share/happy --docdir=/usr/share/doc/happy
haskell-criterion/rules:DEB_SETUP_GHC_CONFIGURE_ARGS := --datasubdir=/usr/share/$(CABAL_PACKAGE)
haskell-hoogle/rules:DEB_SETUP_GHC_CONFIGURE_ARGS := --datasubdir=/usr/share/hoogle
haskell-leksah/rules:DEB_SETUP_GHC6_CONFIGURE_ARGS = --datasubdir=$(CABAL_PACKAGE)
hbro-contrib/rules:DEB_SETUP_GHC_CONFIGURE_ARGS := --datasubdir=hbro-contrib
hbro/rules:DEB_SETUP_GHC_CONFIGURE_ARGS += --datasubdir=hbro
hlint/rules:DEB_SETUP_GHC_CONFIGURE_ARGS := $(shell test -e /usr/lib/ghc-$(GHC_VERSION)/libHSrts_thr.a || echo --flags=-threaded) --datasubdir=/usr/share/hlint
lambdabot/rules:DEB_SETUP_GHC_CONFIGURE_ARGS := --datasubdir=$(CABAL_PACKAGE)
threadscope/rules:DEB_SETUP_GHC_CONFIGURE_ARGS := --datasubdir=$(CABAL_PACKAGE)

Of course there is a downside to it, if we have to start supporting two
package versions at the same time for some reason. But I guess it can
easily be reverted then.

>  > Also, shouldn’t "Setup copy" install all these files? Why is that not
>  > used here?
>
> Setup copy does install them in tmp-inst-ghc, but they stay there and
> don't get copied to the installation staging directories. The problem is
> IMO that hlibrary.mk can't know that they must go in the yi package.

Right, this is a recurring issue that hasn’t been solve fully. For
installing binaries to packages hlibrary.mk has support by now  using
the <pkg>.haskell-binaries file (see bnfc and hscolour), but nothing
related to data files yet.

From grepping through our packages it seems that happy is doing the most
sane thing, using Setup copy to install to debian/happy. Please have a
look at that and adopt to yi.

> Oops, I know I'm a bit messy. I should work with patches for every
> change, so that i wouldn't need to send the whole
> from-current-state-on-darcs.debian.org patch now again.

Just join the DHG via alioth and push your changes to the repo directly.