Re: Survey of current installability problems

Hi,

>  libghc-web-routes-boomerang-dev
>  ↑ FTBFS, https://buildd.debian.org/status/fetch.php?pkg=haskell-web-routes-boomerang&arch=amd64&ver=0.27.0-1%2Bb3&stamp=1387131066
>    Who cares about this and can investigate?

I decided to have a quick look at this issue and it seems
web-routes-boomerang version 0.27.0 has no upper version bound on its
dependency on boomerang. This causes the following to happen:

  Dependency boomerang >=1.3.2: using boomerang-1.4.0

But the 1.4.0 version of boomerang renamed the `PrinterParser` data type
to `Boomerang`. This does not make web-routes-boomerang happy since it
still expects `PrinterParser`:

  Web/Routes/Boomerang.hs:165:26:
      Not in scope: data constructor `PrinterParser'

  Web/Routes/Boomerang.hs:186:28:
      Not in scope: data constructor `PrinterParser'

Using cabal install with boomerang constrained to a version less than
1.4 (e.g. using `--constraint="boomerang < 1.4"`) made the package
install happily for me. However, since boomerang 1.4.0 is in sid, I am
guessing that updating libghc-web-routes-boomerang-dev to version 0.28.0
is a better option since it works with `Boomerang` data type.

Greetings,

Robert