Re: lambdabot testing

On Fri, Oct 04, 2013 at 09:00:26AM +0200, Joachim Breitner wrote:
> my gut feeling is that if you run lambdabot publicly, you likely want to
> hack on it and create your own plugins. If you just want to use its
> lools (like pointless, djinn etc.) locally, you want a
> ready-to-go-package.
>
> But if you and Raúl want to support the interactive and social features
> as well, that’s fine with me.

Hello,

I think it wouldn't hurt to have those extra plugins in Debian. Maybe it's
highly unlikely that a user would use them without hacking them first, but
it's also possible that a Debian user may want to modify the code directly
from the package (apt-get source lambdabot; hack hack hack;
dpkg-buildpackage).

JFTR, supporting IRC and social plugins wouldn't be a problem, as their
dependencies are already packaged.

Cheers.
--
rul