Re: What is the story with cabal-debian?

I've just uploaded cabal-debian-3.4,1.  Let me know if the build issues persist.  The debian/rules file it ships with is quite simple.

On Sat, May 25, 2013 at 3:10 PM, Giovanni Mascellani <gio@debian.org> wrote:
Il 25/05/2013 23:19, Giovanni Mascellani ha scritto:
> Hi.

>>> Ok, thanks. While I’m busy with the mass-changes, would someone take
>>> care of that package? Gio, you offered help?
>>
>> I can look after it this evening.
>
> I tried to have a look at it, but unfortunately I had a few technical
> problems: I didn't even manage to compile it. There is something strange
> going on here (trying to build cabal-debian-3.0.7):

A thing that I noticed anyway and forgot to mention in the first email
is that cabal-debian has a very strange debian/rules; instead of using
our CDBS class, it is built from scratches, without even using debhelper
(there are direct calls to dpkg-gencontrol and the likes).

Are you aware of any reason for this? I definitely think we should
convert it to the common Haskell structure.

Gio.